Friday, November 19, 2004

Where's his face?
Taking off this weekend for a wilderness first aid course. I know it's rather mandatory in regard to common sense, but wow am I ever not looking forward to it. I took the same course about 3-4 years ago, the course is 16 hours long, 8 hours a day. You're plied with a lot of theoretical info the first day, and they finish it off with a slide-show of what could happen outdoors. Like, well, a wolverine attack (eek!), the effects of frostbite (that used to be a toe?), an exploded finger (never wear a ring when climbing, trust me on this), a guy's head with all the skin ripped off (never let a bear "lick" the honey off your face), etc. Good times.
When I took this course the last time, all of us were pretty much in shock, which we alleviated with copious amounts of alcohol and karaoke singing in a tavern in some hick Laurentian town. William Hung can't hold a candle to my rendition of She Bangs.
Speaking of frostbite, PBS is showing Touching the Void, Sunday night at 9. Catch it if you haven't already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home