Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Key party for the new millennium

We went to a friend's house on Sunday for some pre-Christmas cheer. Good times, good food, lots of wine, met new folks and others who I hadn't seen in over a decade. Funny how these parties change over time; instead of starting after 10 on a Saturday night, it was more of a "drop in some time in the early afternoon this Sunday." Right.
So, we go look at a loft that day (no one was there, wasted trip), drop by the SAQ and then head over. There were a few folks there, either leaving or just getting there, some with kids, some not, etc etc. At one point we're thinking, damn, it must be late, we'll never get to the grocery store at this hour. I look at my watch and realise it's only just past 6. Yikes!
At one point, this couple appear along with their boys. I don't pay them more than a cursory glance, as I don't know them and I'm concentrating on my wine. One of the boys starts monkeying around with all the knick-knacks in the living room, so his mothers says "R, settle down." R? Damn, the name sounds familiar. I ask the other boy's name. When I hear it, I look at the mother and say, "Hey, you're J! We went on a date once." At which point, her husband looks at the milliner, and says the exact same thing.
That's just really bizarre.

3 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Martine said...

You need to mix the gene pool a little.

Or move to a different city. ;-)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Michel said...

A different city? Like where? The south shore? I don't think I could handle all the souped-up Honda Civics and the big hair. Heh.

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no no no - the souped-up civics go with baseball hats! (the big hair is their girlfriends')
(can't say i don't pay attention!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home