Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Damned lepidoptera

I remember reading an article by David Quammen, which appeared in Outside (years before it became the yuppified rag that it now is), that suggested that butterflies were a worthless species on a par with supermodels: nice to look at, but not really contributing anything to the natural order. Except, that is, for one species that was known to drink the tears of its sleeping victims. Like supermodels, I guess.
The story came back to me yesterday when, getting dressed for work, I went to pull on a sweater that the milliner had bought for me last year. Pulling it over my head, I caught a flash of light through the fabric. Take a closer look at the sweater and, WTF!, there's this huge hole in the back. What a pisser!
Some larva ate well this summer, that's all I know. Guess I'm going to a lumberyard this weekend to pick up some cedar, but that's really shutting the barn door now, isn't it?

2 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger blk said...

C'est sucks!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Michel said...

Le awful, oui oui, c'est vrai.
Of course, this should be a sign that I need clothes that aren't 10 years old, but I have awful (c'est terrible!) fashion sense. And store clerks scare me.
If I need to buy technical wear? No problem. However, ask me if my sweater matches my pants and I start whimpering.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home