Friday, October 28, 2005

I'm sorry, that wasn't the correct response

Met up at the gym last night with a some guy from the internet (mmm, men of the internet, I'd go online with them any day) to do some climbing. There's the usual preamble beforehand, how long you been climbing?, what kind of climbing?, checking out each other's set-up, do you like the rope slack or tight (this all sounds so dirty), etc.
So, at one point I tell him that if I fall, I'm probably going to pull him off his feet, what with my weight and gravity and all that physics 101 stuff. He doesn't believe me, so I ask him his weight, which was healthy for a 6-foot-something strapping young fellow such as himself. "Yeah, you know I probably outweigh you," I answered. To which he replied, "Oh, probably."
Dude??? Thanks for the validation. Besides, I'm working on it!

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Blork said...

I only went climbing once, and my... what do you call the person on the ground..? BELAYER?... weighed about 60 pounds less than me.

Fortunately I didn't fall.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Michel said...

I prefer the term "belay bitch."
Um, except the milliner.
But, um, validation? Shouldn't you have mentioned that I look thin? Or something?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home