Thursday, August 29, 2002

Gotta get me one of these
(Ed note: sorry, photo source not working.) Walking back to my desk yesterday, I saw my co-worker Marlene working with some doodad. Curious, I looked over her shoulder and noticed this Forest Fairies box. Okay, so it's simply a little do-it-yourself kid's project for making dolls. However, looking at the package a bit more closely, and especially all the extra wording, I really started to get the heebie-jeebies. Honestly, "Make 5 fairies and play with them forever!". Don't you get the sense that, once you've made one of these dolls, you pass through some sort of medieval portal and find yourself interminably stuck in "their enchanted world"?
First chance I get, I'm going to brew myself up a gallon of absinthe, get over to Westmount, where I'm told these kits are sold, drink myself silly on the absinthe and then stare at the fairies. If everything works well, I might find myself running through leas and forests with Puck and all the other characters from "A Midsummer Night's Dream."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home