Monday, February 25, 2002

Milano's
I don't know why I remember this, but I did. Several years ago, I was at Milano's on St-Laurent, a few days before New Year's Eve. I was there with my mother, who wanted to pick up some ingredients to make tiramisu. Unsure of what to buy, we were browsing mindlessly. Naturally, this being the Christmas holidays, the store was packed. Finally, I went up to a clerk and asked a few questions. I pretty much got the brush-off. Then, I mentioned that I was shopping with my mom and that the help was really for her. My god, you could almost have heard a pin drop. Everything just stopped, the clerk running off to get someone more important. Hell, here was a young man (back then) shopping with his mother. The assistant manager comes out, and pretty much gave us first-class service. That was sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home