Monday, January 09, 2006

Memo to political canvassers

If you're representing a party that has a decidedly Christian-right slant and you're trying to appeal to a wider audience, it's probably best that you not look like elders from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Just a thought.
Case in point: Saturday morning, the bell rings. I answer. A couple that can best be described as a Hitler youth and the modern-day equivalent of Eva Braun are at the door: Hello, we're from the Progressive Conservative party and we'd like to talk to yo..
Me: Yeah, I'm not interested.
HY: Well, this would only take a few minutes.
Me: Nope.
Eva Braun: Perhaps we can leave a pamphlet?
Me: No. Now go away.
I had an intense need to wash the scum off me after that. And to think they're leading the polls. Sigh.

3 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*phew* i thought you were talking about the natural law party! oh but wait a minute... those since became conservatives! 8-0

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Michel said...

Hey, Doug Hennig was a childhood hero of mine, so I couldn't exactly dismiss the Natural Law party. Well, I could, but I still had a sweet spot for them.

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm so do you hmmm hover much?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home