Thursday, November 21, 2002

Should I stay
Or should I go? Some friends were over last night for our weekly bouldering session. The conversation, as it often does, led to folks talking about upcoming trips they were going to take. My regular climbing partner, in fact, is taking off for several months to the southwest with her sister. Yeah, I’m jealous. Anyhow, they’re taking off for Mexico in a few weeks, and will be joined there by S for Xmas. I’m more than happy for them, but then S asked me if I wanted to join her. Oh, cruel world, being invited down to Mexico to be with three single, attractive women and, for the first time in many, many years, my mom has organised a family Christmas thingy, for which I’ve already confirmed. I am so tempted to blow off the family. Filial duties...

Update: I was talking with the maternal unit on the weekend, and I happened to let drop that, “Hey mom, guess what? Three rather pretty, single women have invited me to spend the holidays in Mexico with them. What do you think about that?” to which mumsy replies, “Well, I hope you told them that you can’t go.”
Thanks mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home