Wednesday, March 13, 2002

Less than 48 hours to go, and slightly more than a day of work, and then I'm taking off on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again. Actually, I'll be back on the 24th. I've never been anywhere warm before, it should be fun.
Packing should be interesting: Most everything is going into a duffle bag, which will consist of a tent, a sleeping bag, a stove (had to buy a new one that doesn't smell of kerosene), pots and clothes for a week. Of course, this means a couple of shorts, t-shirts, and underwear. What worries me the most is my climbing gear; we're talking almost $2000 worth of camming devices, nuts, ropes, quickdraws, etc. I can't imagine what I'll do if that stuff doesn't make it. I'm still wondering if I can carry this stuff on with me, and what the check-in will be like. "Well, you see, sir, this fits into a crack into the rock. Then, I attach a carabiner, um, ca - ra - been - er, to the loop, and then pass the rope through the 'biner, um, beener. No sir, I can't imagine being able to threaten anyone with any of this." Etc. Sure, I could always store this stuff in the luggage compartment, and pray nothing happens.
Regardless, my brain is already on vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home