Monday, December 04, 2006

And it's only been 30-some odd years

Got a call on Saturday from an old friend, asking if I wanted to go to tonight's hockey game against the bad Bruins. (In this case, "bad" meaning, well, bad.) Fuck, would I ever. Thinking back on it, I realised that I've only been to one hockey game before in my lifetime, in 1970, the Habs vs the Blackhawks.
So cool, good (manly) times ahead. Get some "steamies" and greasy fries at a local casse-croƻte, swill watered-down expensive beer at the game, try to not get into a fight with drunken Boston retahds, and then head with the boys to the nearest nudie bar to ogle silicone-implanted pole-dancers.
Does it get any better than this? Okay, sleeping and snoring on the sofa won't be great, but it's a small price to pay.

2 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you! (hmm except for the pole-dancers - I'll leave that to you)
But beware: that Molson Ex is going to cost you 9$! (or was it$8.75? in any case it was outrageous and baaaaad)

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Blork said...

And thus, the decline begins.

But at least I'll be able to say "I knew him back in the day, you know, before..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home