Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A big thank you

To whoever voted under my name in the advanced polling. I greatly appreciate you taking the initiative while trying to let me off the hook. I mean, it's not like I really wanted to put my constitutional right into practise. And, between you and me, let's hope you voted the correct way.
But, um, could you have let me know before I headed off to the polling station? Because, that way, we could have avoided all this little problem at the voting booth, what with folks wondering what to do, looking for some form that I had to sign, what with me having to solemnly vow that I was who I said I was, etc. Just an fyi for next time, mmkay? Thanks, you're a peach.
(Now, were I conspiracy-minded, I would associate my vote being taken away with the fact that I answered a telephone poll saying that I had absolutely zero intention of voting Conservative, but this thought would prevent me from sleeping at night.)

6 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so did they let you vote in the end?
that is soooo fragging scary. they did say more people than usual had gone to vote early - i wonder if all those votes could be tallied together please, to see if they, hmmm, reflect the general tendencies of the regular vote.
a man called my mother and told her that if she didn't vote liberal, she'd be sorry!! now where do i file a complaint against that?

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(btw her reply was, yeah, i'll be sorry...)

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Michel said...

Yup, I was allowed to vote, after signing my name to something. Weird though. I had this "fuck it" thought for a while, figuring it wasn't that important. Bit of a mind-fuck, that.
I would have been more nervous had this happened during a referendum. Not that there have ever been any voting irregularities during the '95 referendum.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Marc Thibodeau said...

I showed up to vote without my card (the one they send you in the mail). I was permitted to vote and nobody even asked for identification.

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, same here. No card, and no id. Hubby and I spent the drive in to work discussing all the ways that fraudulent votes could be cast.

And bitching about the fact that our poll opened 20 minutes late because some of the party representatives, there to witness the sealing of the ballot boxes, showed up -late-. They wouldn't tell us which parties were guilty though.

-Susan

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger cj goad ~ photography said...

Maybe your two votes cancelled each other out. So really, it was a conspiracy by the 'other' party. Much like the election itself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home