Monday, August 22, 2005

Heaven found

Following up on a suggestion from the blorkster from several months ago, I finally got around to visiting Monas on Saturday.
Oh. My. I can't believe, after being in this city for nearly 20 years, almost always living around the corner, I never went into that store. I think its industrial-looking display window might have something to do with it. But damn! was it ever a sybaritic experience. Looking for a chinois? Yeah, just pick out the size. Knives of all types. Sauté pans, sauce pans, stock pots, just, everything. And then, just when I thought I couldn't take anymore, I come across these beautiful island chopping blocks. Everytime I turned a corner, I saw something else I just couldn't live without. (Well, I can, but I wish I didn't have to.) I could almost open a restaurant, if only to be able to shop there.
This could easily become an addiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home