Monday, September 16, 2002

Some people’s parents
Saturday, I was out in the Laurentians with friends. Okay, so we were climbing. The geology of the site makes it so that certain cliffs are around corners, so you will be climbing without seeing other folks about 100 metres away, but you can often hear them. At one point, we all start hearing the cries of some kid, and this isn’t anything like having stubbed a toe or tripped over a branch. The kid has been bawling for about 10 minutes, and isn’t stopping. I figure that the kid might have hurt himself with a fall, so I grab my first aid kit and head over. It turns out the boy is near the top of the cliff, about 20 metres up, and is absolutely terrified. So much so that he’s nearly out of his mind. Next to him on another rope is some adult, most likely his father, who has a hold of the boy’s arm, berating him and shaking him. After seeing about 10 seconds of this, the parental unit pushes the kid away, telling the person holding the kid’s rope to lower him off.
What the fuck is wrong with people?! Your kid is terrified, he’s bawling his eyes out and all you can do is yell at him and treat him like shit? Why the fuck was the kid up there anyway? I wish I could say that this is a male/penis thing, but I’ve seen this happen all too often with mothers also. There are some screwed up people out there, is all I can say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home