Tuesday, January 21, 2003

It's not so much the heat
Okay, I admit it, I love the cold. I love the feeling of nostril hairs freezing when you breathe in on really cold days, the rime that forms on eye-lashes when wearing a scarf, heck even the rush of blood to toes that have stood for a time on icy sidewalks. Today, however, is a completely different scenario. As I was leaving the apartment this morning, fully layered in “miracle” fibers, I grab the doorknob, only to realise that there was ice on it. Indoors. On the knob. Mmm, okay. Get outdoors, sheltered from the wind, and so think to myself that it's not that bad outside. As I'm walking, I realise that the moisture/toothpaste residue in my mouth is actually freezing with every intake of breathe. Tiny ice crystals were forming. I've never had that happen before.
This pretty much eliminates any absurd ideas I may ever have entertained about tackling an 8000m Himalayan peak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home